Monday 23 January 2012

Challenge 33

8. What single adjective do you think would be most frequently used to describe you by those who know you best? Briefly explain. (Stanford)

I think most appropriately, it would be my own name. Few people in my school already use it as adjective. I guess the occurrence of this strangeity results from my uniqueness. For example, I heard from my friends that my English teacher described my presentation to be so “<my name>.” (I got a low grade on that presentation) And few of my friends as well started using my name as an adjective to describe my speech, behavior, or writing, whatever.


However, let’s say that doesn’t count because that isn’t an actual word and I’m not revealing it anyways. Still, there are two adjectives left, yet to compete for the glorious usage of the entitlement of my awesomeness. However, none of them are really the “magnificent” or “splendid” words like how they should have been. They are rather humble, in fact overwhelmingly humble that it starts to go out of sensibility to be absolutely understandable that they are actually appropriate for me (and it’s alright as far as you get what I’m trying to say). I’m pretty sure you should be able to guess one of them by now.


The first word is “cocky.” Yeah I admit it. I am cocky. Got a problem? If you do have a problem, you should go solve it yourself because I don’t really care and it doesn’t harm me in any ways. Just like this, it’s fun to be cocky. I can’t help it, which is why I act cocky and people call me cocky. However, I’m at the moment in an inescapable state of mental maturity, due to the harsh reality of the world and depressing times, and my cockiness has been deteriorating ever since my last to last to last birthday and seventy two days after. Recently, I have been in the state of quite a hype that didn’t come from pure adolescence or candy bars, but from the uncomfortable position which I have established by trying to squeeze into the I-can’t-even-fit-in world, and helplessly struggling with its penalties that devastated my mental stability, which ultimately in result, stimulated intentional cocky behaviors which achieved just a small fraction of my past abilities to do so. This type of cocky behaviors are somewhat a way to rebel against life and draw attention from other people to show them that I’m having a hard time with my life with hints of hope that they would actually help me, which of course they won’t because they are busy with their own lives and they don’t give a sh*t. And they just get annoyed. Well-thought attempt, miserable result. Whatever, I’m cocky.


The second word that you all have been waiting for is revealed right after this sentence. “Lazy.” (Crowds cheering) Yes I’ll admit this too. I am a very lazy person. And I blame not the sofas, beds, or TVs, because I’m not lazy in that sense. I don’t usually like sitting at all – I hate sitting down for a long time, believe it or not, I don’t watch TV (unless it is playing in the lounge and I’m extremely encouraged to just take one short glance at the screen, which will  eventually tempt me to stay just until the exciting action scene is over), I don’t play computer games very much (not because I don’t like them; because I suck at them despite being an Asian), and I hate wasting my life sleeping (but I have to I’m just too damn freaking super duper tired). I think I just failed at explaining myself. Anyways, I’m mentally lazy. I can’t draw that will power out of me to do my homework or listen in class. Therefore it’s always only the first quarter that the teachers see me as a good student. After that, I just run out of something. Something I don’t even know. It’s not energy, it’s not concentration, and it’s not brains. It’s something like will power but not quite. I just don’t want to do it, I don’t like doing it, and I don’t see the point. I feel hopeless with my entire life at the end of the semester. That’s about it. And people would interpret that as being “lazy” because that’s what they see.

1 comment: