Sunday 20 November 2011

Challenge 12

183. Do you think that you have the qualifications of a good parent? Discuss.

I am thrilled by this question because I can't wait to be a parent.
Of course the answer is yes.
I am going to try so hard to be the most awesome parent in the whole world. First of all, I'll make sure my kids don't end up having their parents divorced - because I'll marry someone I love so much and I'll love her till I die, and even if I don't love her anymore I won't divorce for my children's sake - and secondly because I'll  let my kids pursue their passion and dream.
I realized as a teenager, that whatever my father was good at when I was young, and whichever one I thought was cool from them, I over-took him eventually. Same with my brother. He introduced cool things to me, and I unconsciously and eventually got better than him in most of them. And I still continue practicing those skills till now. I'll make sure my kids go through this process to choose what their career is going to be, and what their life is going to be. I'll give them experiences and opportunities. However, not so easily. They'll have to also have countless hopeless times to become tougher and better. I'll put them in the worst situation even if I'm rich, and if I'm poor, I have no choice but to put them in difficult situations.
I'll treat them strictly, yet not like an asshole. It will be hard, but I'll try from all that I've experienced from adults. My children will hate me for what I do to them, but eventually they will become the best people in the world and I'll be so proud of them. Then I'll show them that I love them more than anything, when they are strong enough to not be lost in the "unrealistic world of parents' love" and feel bad in the real, outside world where they will realize no one loves them. That happened to me. I couldn't get used to it. I had such a hard time. Now I learn that the world is not like how your parents treat you because your parents freaking gave birth to you and love you the most (wouldn't you love what came out of you?), while the world is ready to kill you. It's filled with other parents with their own children, which means they don't give a sh*t about you. There also are people who don't have any child and do not understand how it is to be a parent. Therefore I'm going to do my best to let my kids be on a different level, a level much greater that the world is not going to be a match for them. They will be too good to be affected by this stupid world.
That's how big my love is to my kids-to be. They are privileged. I'll grow them like Spartans (lol). Much better than me at least because I am a fail. I guess I was an experiment for the experience for the goodness of my kids.
With such a mindset, I think that I have the qualifications of a good parent.

I'll love my family to death. I'll never leave them behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment